Windows 11 requirements have sparked a lot of confusion in people to the point where most are completely clueless if their hardware is compatible with the OS. If you’ve been living under a rock till now, here’s what you’ll need to have to be able to run Windows 11.
Microsoft has also released an app called PC Health Check which doesn’t show your PC’s health but shows if your laptop is Windows 11 compatible. If you’re still confused, manufacturers like Dell, Acer, HP, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI have shared lists of Windows 11 compatible devices.
Windows 11 Compatible Devices
Dell, HP, And Acer Devices
Dell laptops and PCs that will support the upcoming Windows version are
- Alienware Desktop
- Alienware Laptop
- G-Series Desktop
- G-Series Laptop
- Inspiron Desktop
- Inspiron Laptop
- XPS Desktop
- XPS Laptop
- Vostro Desktop
- Vostro Laptop
- Precision Workstation
- Mobile Precision
Apart from that, Dell has also said that all the PCs running Windows 10 currently selling on Dell.com will be upgradeable to Windows 11.
HP has also shared the list of supported devices; here’s what it looks like:
- HP Spectre x360 14, HP ENVY x360 15, and the HP Pavilion All-in-One that are selling currently.
- New OMEN and Victus. The OMEN 16, Victus by HP 16, and the OMEN 30L Desktop.
- Select SKUs from the HP Elite and HP Pro portfolios, including the HP Elite Dragonfly G2.
- Currently shipping Z by HP workstations, including the HP ZBook Studio G8.
Acer hasn’t shared any list so, if you own one of its devices, you might need to rely on Microsoft’s PC Health Check App. If it shows that your PC is incompatible, this article might give you an insight into making it compatible.
Find your dream job
ASUS, MSI, And Gigabyte Devices
Here’s a comprehensive list of ASUS devices compatible with Windows 11. The list is too big to include in this article, but you can check if your model is included by clicking on this link. If you have an ASUS motherboard, here’s the list of compatible motherboards.
Gigabyte has said that a lot of its motherboards will support Windows 11. Here’s a list of desktops and PCs that should support Windows 11. The list includes MSI’s Trident, Infinite, Codex, and Aegis series.
Do you care about Windows 11 support on your laptop? Are you looking to buy a new laptop that supports Windows 11 because your current one doesn’t? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below. Windows 11’s first preview is out, so if you’re wondering how to install it, check out this article.
More on Windows 11 Setup
- Windows 11 System Requirements: What Hardware Do You Need?
- How To Check If My Existing PC Can Run Windows 11?
- Do These 3 Things Before Installing Windows 11 On Your PC
- How To Use A Windows 11 ISO File To Perform A Clean Install
- How To Install Windows 11 Using Windows 11 Installation Assistant
- Where Can I Buy My First Windows 11 Laptop?
- How To Set Up A Local Account On Windows 11 First Boot?
- How To Reset Windows 11 Using Settings?
- How To Roll Back To Windows 10 From Windows 11 Insider Preview?
- Windows 7 Users Can Upgrade To Windows 11, But There’s A Catch