Microsoft has announced Windows 11 that features a complete makeover when coming from previous versions of Windows. Windows 11 offers a lot of features and has hyped most users, still, some believe it should have brought more.
With every good thing, comes a sacrifice. The company has announced new system requirements that could leave some older PCs incompatible with the new version. Most users would want to know if their machine will be able to handle it. Here’s how to check if your PC can run Windows 11.
Using Microsoft’s PC Health Check Tool
A new Windows 11 support page on Microsoft’s website shows off its features and some FAQs. You can download the PC Health Check tool from the link given below and check if your PC supports Windows 11.
1. Download the PC Health Check Tool and open it.
2. On the installer screen, accept the terms in the License Agreement and click on the Install button.
3. Once the application has installed, click on the Finish button. Make sure the Open Windows PC Health Check box is ticked.
4. Once you have opened the tool, you will see your PC’s configuration on the left, and a banner that says “Introducing Windows 11“. Click on the blue Check Now button to proceed.
5. Upon clicking the Check Now button, the tool will analyze your PC and tell whether it is compatible with Windows 11 or not.
6. If the PC is compatible, you will get a pop-up saying “This PC can run Windows 11“.
That is how to check if your PC can run Windows 11. If your system fails the test, then you can shop for a new Windows 11 PC on these platforms in the future.
Note: If you’re getting the “This PC can’t run Windows 11” message even if your hardware specifications match the System Requirements, you will need to enable TPM (Trusted Platform Module) from your system’s UEFI configuration. The TPM 2.0 chip is a must-have hardware requirement to run Windows 11. We faced the error too and were able to fix it by enabling TPM from the BIOS.
Windows 11 is expected to roll out for existing users in late 2021. You can also find the Windows 11 release date and time here. Make sure to check our detailed Windows 11 coverage so that you don’t miss out on anything. Can your PC run Windows 11? Let us know the results in the comments below.