It is a known fact now that Google Play Music is soon going to be shut down by the end of 2020 as YouTube Music has already replaced it partially.
As we are approaching closer to the date, a lot of users are a bit worried that their saved playlists and music libraries on the Google Play Music will be lost.
Well, in that case, the developers have provided an option to transfer the playlists from Google Play Music to YouTube Music.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to tranfer your playlist and other data to YouTube Music.
How To transfer Your Playlists from Google Play Music To YouTube Music?
- Open the YouTube Music app on your Android smartphone or iPhone. Make sure that you have the latest version of the app downloaded from the Google Play Store
- On the home page of the app, you will see a banner saying Transfer your Play Music library.
- Tap the ‘Let’s Go’ button and you will see all the data that you can get transferred to YouTube Music
- Tap the ‘Transfer’ button and all your albums, playlists, recommendations, liked and disliked songs and purchases will be transferred to YouTube Music account.
- You can also transfer the playlists between the two apps by going in YouTube Music app settings and clicking on the Transfer from Google Play Music button.
Note: If you are not able to get the option then you have to wait till the feature is rolled out in your country for YouTube Music app.
Alternatively, you can also transfer your Play Music files just by visiting the official website of YouTube music.
Find your dream job
You have to keep it in mind that the transfer of the stuff from Google Play Music to YouTube Music can take a few minutes or a few hours depending on the size of the files.
So you are supposed to keep patience if you have a lot of files that you need to transfer from Google Play Music.