OnePlus is known for consistently providing updates to their beta community. Now OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro are getting OxygenOS Open Beta 15 along with the June 2020 security patch.
The company confirmed the roll-out announcement in an official OnePlus forum. Among several fixes and changes, the update adds a dedicated dark mode quick toggle, which can be accessed on the notification bar. The dark mode toggle will make switching between light and dark themes a one-step process.
OxygenOS Open Beta 15, unfortunately, doesn’t come with the One-Handed mode that the beta community was expecting after seeing it on the recent OnePlus 7T’s Open Beta 5.
Apart from that, the OxygenOS update fixes the sharp edges of the app cards in the Recent App menu. There is also a brand new OnePlus logo on menus and splash screens.
Here is the OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for OnePlus 7/7 Pro changelog —
- Added a shortcut to switch to Dark Mode in the notification bar (scroll down to enable)
- Fixed the sharp edges of application cards in the recent apps screen
- Fixed the screen flashing issue after locking the device
- Updated OnePlus Brand Logo for a refreshed look
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.06
- Bluetooth hearing aid app connection under the Android 10 Audio Streaming for Hearing Aid (ASHA) Agreement.
- Refined the step counter’s accuracy for recording the movement
- The frequently dialed contacts will now be available in the dialing interface
Previously, OnePlus said that OxygenOS open beta updates would come once a month; however, it seems the revised plan for beta updates is yet to be implemented given the release rate hasn’t changed.
If you are a part of the OnePlus Beta Program, you can expect this OxygenOS Beta update to land on your device in the coming days.
As always, open beta updates are expected to have a bunch of bugs and glitches. We recommend users to not try beta updates on their primary device.