After months of waiting, the MIUI 12 Global update has finally arrived for the Redmi Note 7 users.
The MIUI 12 V220.127.116.11.QFGEUXM brings all the latest features of MIUI 12, along with a bunch of bug fixes. While the update is only available for Redmi Note 7 users in Europe, we are certain that the update will arrive in other markets in the next few days.
Redmi Note 7 EEA MIUI V18.104.22.168.QFGEUXM
This is a stable beta update, which means it can only be installed by Mi users who were part of the MIUI Pilot program that arrived back in June.
That being said, general users can still install the update via a custom recovery like TWRP. However, users will first need to unlock the bootloader of their Xiaomi device. We strongly recommend users to follow through with the process only if they have adequate knowledge of flashing ROMs in general.
Here is the full-changelog of new Redmi Note 7 MIUI 12 update —
- [Control center]
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Custom toggles couldn’t be used in Second space or when Ultra battery saver was on
- [Dark mode]
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- [Lock screen]
- Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
Previously, Xiaomi customer support said that the company plans to get over the with MIUI 12 Global Rollout by the end of October. The majority of Xiaomi devices have already been updated to MIUI 12, however a few devices like the Redmi 8/8A, Redmi 6/6A, Redmi Y3 are still waiting for their turn.