LXQt 0.16.0 Features And Changes
LXQt is a lightweight Qt desktop environment for Linux, focusing on a classic desktop with a modern look and feel. It is derived from a merger between LXDE-Qt and Razor-qt.
LXQt 0.16.0 is the latest version bringing several improvements and features to its modular components and adding three new LXQt themes: Clearlooks, Leech, and Kvantum.
It has now removed default applications from LXQt Session Settings as it is handled by the File Associations dialog in a better way.
Additionally, for better configuration or handling of the default email client, file manager, and web browser, v0.16.0 has improved QtXdg MimeApps Tool (qtxdg-mat).
Furthermore, you can now resize images using the image viewer and screenshot tool LXImage Qt. And if you want to customize the actions of power, suspend, and hibernation keys, you can access the Power keys section, which is now added to the config dialog.
Here are the other key changes LXQt 0.16.0 has included:
- Option to show notifications on the screen with the mouse pointer
- Improvement to the UI of lxqt-config-brightness
- Options to switch to the newly opened tab and to open tabs of the last window
- Customizable auto-hiding support in Status Notifier
- Option to put ungrouped task buttons of the same application next to each other
- PulseAudio Volume Control bug fixes
Via — Phoronix