A reasonably popular YouTube smartphone app feature, the video download button, has finally landed on the video-sharing website’s desktop version. The new addition is in its testing phase and is only available to YouTube Premium users for a limited time.
After the download button receives enough test drives and feedback, it might or might not come out as a full-fledged feature. The final call rests on how YouTube rates its performance during this period which ends on November 19. So, the time to act is now for those who don’t want to miss out on trying it.
As reported by Android Police, the experimental feature is accessible in countries such as India and France. On the other hand, The Verge has revealed it is also available in the U. S., but not for every Premium account. YouTube has also confirmed that it is exclusive to the latest versions of Chrome, Edge, and Opera — sorry, Mozilla Firefox users.
Take a look at how you can enable and use the download button on your desktop or laptop. Moreover, you can also check out our article on free youtube alternatives that you can use in 2022 here!
Steps To Download YouTube Videos On Desktop Or Laptop
- Log in to your YouTube Premium account on a desktop or laptop.
- Enter “youtube.com/new” in your address bar and hit enter. The YouTube Lab page will load up.
- Scroll down to “Download videos from your browser” and click on the “Try It Out” button.
- Now, you can either click on the three dots next to any video thumbnail or simply open a video, and then select “Download.”
- You can see your video’s download progress in the pop-up notification.
- Once done, the video will appear in the “Downloads” section at “youtube.com/feed/downloads.”
Judging by the usefulness of the download button on YouTube’s mobile app, it looks like this feature would be welcome if it becomes a permanent addition for desktop users as well. If that happens, you will no longer need to use those third-party apps to download your favorite YouTube content on your PC.
Moreover, you can also check out our article on how to download youtube videos to google drive here!
Find your dream job