Apple just announced the best apps and games of the year 2021. This comes just days after Google announced its top Android apps and games of 2021. Apple announced one winner for both apps and games for each of its platforms.
The best iPhone app of the year went to Toca Life World and the best game of the year went to League of Legends: Wild Rift. They even went as far as to include a trend of the year award, which is an honorable mention for apps that performed exceptionally well this year.
The whole list was made through an editorial pick so it might be different from the top-performing apps and games on the AppStore. Surprisingly, the hit imposter game, Among Us! also made its way to the company’s trend of the year list along with Canva and Bumble.
Apple App Store Award Winners 2021
Apple’s Best Apps of 2021
- iPhone App of the Year: Toca Life World, from Toca Boca.
- iPad App of the Year: LumaFusion, from LumaTouch.
- Mac App of the Year: Craft, from Luki Labs Limited.
- Apple TV App of the Year: DAZN, from DAZN Group.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Carrot Weather, from Grailr.
Apple’s Best Games of 2021
- iPhone Game of the Year: “League of Legends: Wild Rift,” from Riot Games.
- iPad Game of the Year: “MARVEL Future Revolution,” from Netmarble Corporation.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Fantasian,” from Mistwalker.
- Mac Game of the Year: “Myst,” from Cyan.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Space Marshals 3,” from Pixelbite.
Apple Trend of the Year: Connection
- Among Us! From Innersloth
- Bumble, from Bumble Inc.
- Canva, from Canva
- EatOkra, from Anthony Edwards Jr. and Janique Edwards
- Peanut, from Peanut App Limited
To learn more about Apple’s best apps and games of 2021, visit the App Store. In addition to the App Store editorial picks, charts for Apple’s top apps and games of the year are now available, as well as top Apple Arcade charts.