With the launch of new Windows 10 for ARM, Microsoft has brought a new operating system that can run on Qualcomm Snapdragon chips and others. Moreover, now you can run any app on the OS, unlike Windows RT. However, the realization of UWP apps will be better.
With Windows 10 for ARM release, Microsoft has partnered with a bunch of OEMs like Asus and HP to launch a new category of devices named “Always Connected Devices.”
— Qualcomm (@Qualcomm) December 5, 2017
These new devices aim to deliver a smartphone-like experience. What does this exactly mean? Let me tell you —
- Instantly on screen. No need to wake up.
- Always connected to the available network.
- More than 20 hours active-use battery life and ~30 days standby.
The first devices being launched are —
- Asus NovaGo — World’s first Gigabit LTE laptop, powered by Snapdragon 835 and X16 LTE model. It gives 22 hours of active use and 30 days standby
- HP ENVY x2 — An Always Connected PC with 4G LTE2 and WiFi, delivers 20 hours of active battery life
This idea of a Windows 10 laptop with 20+ hours active use battery life surely looks appealing. What are your thoughts on the same?