Currently, micro-blogging site Twitter is the ultimate social media platform for sharing your views and opinions. But there comes a time when getting rid of social media is the solution we need, and that’s where I come in.
As part of the third episode of my How To Delete series, I will tell you how to delete your Twitter account. For those who don’t know, my first two episodes included steps on how to delete Snapchat and how to delete or deactivate Instagram. So if you wish to take some time off from any of the social media apps, you should definitely check out my articles.
As a reminder, my guide to delete Twitter will help you in two ways: (a) how to delete Twitter permanently (b) how to deactivate Twitter temporarily.
How To Delete Twitter Account?
How To Download Data From Twitter?
Before you finally leave Twitter, you should download all your data from Twitter (tweets, memories, and more) and here’s a simple way to do that:
- Just go to Twitter and log in to your Twitter account
- Tap on your Profile and go to the Settings option
- Select Account settings, tap on Your Twitter Data option and type in your password to get the data
- Following this, Twitter will receive a request for the same and it will let you know when the archive is ready to be downloaded, via mail.
- You can click on the link in the mail to download the archive.
How To Deactivate Twitter Temporarily?
If you feel like taking a break from Twitter, you can do so temporarily without deleting your Twitter account. Hence, before you make up your mind permanently, here’s a guide on how to temporarily deactivate Twitter:
- Visit Twitter
- Log in to your Twitter account by entering your Twitter credentials
- Select the Settings and Privacy option in the menu Settings present under the More option
- Tap on the Account settings and select the Deactivate option
- Re-enter your password to deactivate Twitter
How To Deactivate Twitter on Android and iOS
The process of deactivating Twitter for Android and iOS users is pretty simple and similar to the one done via Twitter’s web version:
- You have to open up the Twitter app on either Android or iOS
- Go to the Settings and Privacy menu and select the Account option
- Following this, just tap on the Deactivate option, enter your password again, and you are good to go
How To Reactivate Twitter
The process to deactivate Twitter is a temporary one (for just 30 days). So you can, any day, get back to your tweeting by simply logging in to your Twitter account 30 days before deactivation.
How To Permanently Delete Twitter
If you have decided that you need to bid adieu on Twitter, all you need to do is not login to your Twitter account until 30 days after deactivating your account. Once the “30 days” timeline is crossed, Twitter will automatically delete your account permanently.
I hope the aforementioned steps will help you stay off Twitter for a while or maybe permanently.