The Google Camera (GCam) app is one of the most popular camera apps on Android. The app comes pre-installed on all Google Pixel devices and is known for creating amazing shots.
However, another reason for its popularity is that it can also be installed on many non-Pixel devices. This enables users to enjoy Google Pixel camera features on their Android device.
In September 2020, Google released Google Camera 8.0 for Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a5G, including big changes to the UI, new Night Sight portrait mode, Cinematic pan, Storage saver mode, and more. The new features were not available on older Pixel devices until November when Google brought all the new features to the entire Pixel lineup in Google Camera v8.1.
The same Google Camera update can now be installed on non-Pixel devices with the help of Camera PX Mod, developed by Urnyx05, which is based on the Google Camera 8.1.008. By installing the GCam 8.1 Mod, you will be able to use Cinematic Pan, Audio Zoom, and all other Pixel camera features on your current device.
How to install Google Camera 8.1 (GCam 8.1) on any Android device?
To get the latest GCam version, you only need to download and install GCam 8.1 APK from the link below:
Find your dream job
Here is the complete changelog of Google Camera 8.1 by Urnyx05 —
- Added all the fixes necessary for the first start
- Added Color Transform to fix saturation on devices with dull colors
- Added an option to disable tracking focus
- Added an option to disable motion photos
- Added OPModes to fix EIS
- Added buttons in the drop-down menu to enable/disable AWB
- Disabled Sabre on unsupported sensors
- Added an option to choose between Pixel 2, Pixel 3, IMX586, and IMX686 AWB
- Improved colors on Mi Note 10
- Added an option to disable Synthetic Fill Flash
- Added an option to disable auto night sight on portrait and photo
The developer notes that the GCam 8.1 Mod will work on Pixel devices as well as on non-Pixel devices. He also notes that the APK may not work on Snapdragon 845 smartphones and some Samsung and OnePlus devices. I’m afraid the mod may also not work on under performing devices. That being said, there is no harm in trying to run the app.