The much-awaited WhatsApp Dark mode has been launched for various Android and iOS versions. After intensive beta testing, WhatsApp dark mode will be finally available for all the users worldwide. Users with Android 10 and iOS 13 can enable the dark mode by just applying the system-wide dark theme.
As reported by The Verge, Android 9 users can simply enable the dark theme available in the WhatsApp settings menu. Facebook has redesigned its dark mode so that it lowers the brightness of the phone display. Facebook says that at the time of testing, developers figured out that pure black and white creates high contrast.
Users can suffer a situation of eye fatigue due to high contrast. To avoid it, a special dark background is added along with off-white color that reduces the brightness and improves the readability. The WhatsApp dark mode will look pure black on iOS screens and dark grey on Android screens.
Enable Dark Mode In Android
- Visit the Google Play Store and download the latest version of WhatsApp available
- After installing the latest version, Open the app and tap the triple-dot menu button on the top right corner of the screen
- Tap the settings option from the drop-down menu and tap the “Chats” option from the next screen
- On the next screen, you will see an option named theme. Tap the theme button and select the dark mode
- Now enjoy your WhatsApp dark theme.
Enable Dark Theme In iOS
- Visit the Settings app on your iPhone
- Select the Display and Brightness tab
- Select the dark mode
- WhatsApp dark mode will be enabled
Please note that the dark mode for WhatsApp is not available in all the countries because it takes some time to roll out. WhatsApp dark mode update will soon reach India and other countries in the coming weeks.