CyberGhost VPN Q&A
1. Brief us about the basic details of CyberGhost including your company’s full name, office location, legal jurisdiction, etc.
70-72 Dionisie Lupu St., District 1, 010458, Bucharest, Romania, Under Romanian jurisdiction
2. We’d like to know about the data you collect about users who access CyberGhost VPN.
3. When it comes to privacy and security, what mechanisms do you deploy to keep intact the privacy of your users?
DNS leak protection
IPv6 leak protection
4. How do you approach the situation when a legal entity requests information about a user? Has this happened before? Do you inform the specific individual in such a situation?
We’re fervent privacy fighters with a strict No Logs policy in place. We have no data to pass on to authorities.
Back in 2011, we were the firsts in the VPN industry to publish a Transparency Report. It’s a tradition we hold dear, and you can check out our latest numbers here.
5. Does CyberGhost enforces throttling of connection speeds or is there any bandwidth limit for any particular website like Netflix?
6. How do you secure your servers in case of a cyber attack? Do you own backup servers? Has there been a cyber attack on your servers in the past?
In case of any cyber attack towards one of our servers or a location, we can very quickly isolate the affected area and make the affected devices unavailable to public use. Any active user traffic will be redistributed to the most convenient location (most performant and/or closest available location to the compromised one). In the meantime, we will start an emergency re-installation of the affected devices.
We have encrypted backups.
There have been 0 major cyber attacks against CyberGhost VPN.
7. Do you log the users’ IP address when he/she connects to your VPN?
8. How many servers does CyberGhost own at the moment? Do you have plans to increase the number of servers in the near future?
We currently have 3,508 servers in 59 countries. In 2018, our server network grew by 150%, and we’re always working to expand our fleet.
9. What options do users have in case they are facing an issue with your VPN service(s)? Is there an option for a live chat to get issues resolved instantly?
Our Support team is available 24/7 via email and live chat. We offer support in English, German, French, and Romanian.
10. Do you have dedicated servers for video streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime? Do you update the list of such servers frequently?
Yes, dedicated streaming servers even have their dedicated section in the CyberGhost VPN apps.
More details about using CyberGhost VPN with various streaming services are here.
11. Does CyberGhost offer an option to pay anonymously for purchasing the subscription? Do you store users’ payment details?
Yes, you can use Bitcoin to buy CyberGhost VPN. We do not store payment details.