The platform saw 200 million daily visitors last month in comparison to just 10 million users in December. It is only natural that everyone wants to uncover the best features of Zoom.
What is Zoom Virtual Backgroud?
One such feature sitting in the platform’s settings is Virtual Background. As the name suggests, the feature enables you to change the background during a Zoom Meeting.
It essentially allows you to hide your surroundings with a virtual background, for example, if your bedroom is a total mess. You can either use the stock images or upload your own.
Zoom Virtual Background Checklist
But before you change the Zoom background, here are a few things you need —
- A green screen that will help the system differentiate between you and the surroundings.
- A well-lit environment
- A powerful PC only if you can’t DIY a green background.
How to change Zoom’s background?
- Run the Zoom app on Windows/Mac/Linux.
- Click on the Sign-in button.
- Click on the Settings icon right below the profile icon.
- Next, go to the Virtual Background page.
- Tick the checkbox if you have a green background or not.
- Choose a virtual background from the default images or tap on + icon to upload your own.
For Zoom mobile app users, tap on the More option while in a meeting → Tap on Virtual background → Apply any default background or upload a new image. As of now, Zoom’s virtual background option is only available to iOS users.
Where To find Zoom Virtual backgrounds?
You can use any kind of image as long as it has minimum dimensions of 1280 X 720 pixels. However, Zoom recommends users to choose pictures with a solid background and minimal shadows.
You can find good Zoom backgrounds on free image providers such as Pixabay, Unsplash, and Pexels. Leading studios such as Pixar, HBO, Fox have also rolled out Zoom backgrounds picked out from their movies and TV shows.
Apart from that, movies that are about to be released, such as A Quiet Place 2, have also come up with their version of Zoom background. There is also a subreddit where you find interesting virtual backgrounds for Zoom.