The wallpaper you put on the home screen is one of the most noticeable things on your phone. A high-quality wallpaper can transform the look of your device. If you own an iPhone, then I am sure that the limited wallpapers options might be a little disappointing.
You can only choose from a handful of good wallpapers. You can search Google using terms like ‘cool background HD’ or ‘best 4k wallpaper’. However, adjusting their resolution to make them fit the iPhone wallpaper size is a real task.
Thanks to so many free wallpaper apps on the App Store, you can choose your favorite iPhone backgrounds from a myriad of choices. App Store is flooded with options, but not every app is worth downloading.
We have curated a list of best wallpaper apps for iPhone that can be helpful in case you are having a tough time selecting an app. All these iPhone wallpaper apps are tried and tested. In the past, we’ve published a similar wallpaper apps list for Android as well.
12 Best Wallpaper Apps for iPhone: 2022 Edition
- 1. Vellum Wallpapers: Neatly Organized And Themed Wallpapers
- 2. Everpix: Best App for HD Wallpapers
- 3. Icon Skins & Themes: Best for Unique Wallpapers
- 4. Kappboom: Overall Best Wallpaper App
- 5. Live Wallpapers for Me: Best Live Wallpaper app for iPhone
- 6. Magic Screen: Best App to Create Your Own Wallpaper
- 7. Papers.co: Wallpaper App With Variety
- 8. Walli: Wallpapers For iPhone Designed By Artists
- 9. Pixs: iOS Wallpaper App With Neat Interface
- 10. Unsplash: More Than Just An iPhone Wallpaper App
- 11. Art Wallpapers By Artpaper: Vast Collection Of Artwork
- 12. Dark Mode Wallpapers & Themes: Daily Dose Of Dark Mode
1. Vellum Wallpapers: Neatly Organized And Themed Wallpapers
Vellum Wallpaper app is an iPhone exclusive, coming to Android soon. It not only presents you with a plethora of options for choosing your favorite background, but the manner in which wallpapers are displayed in the app is a treat for the eyes.
You’ll find hundreds of stunning scenic views, visualizations, and more in this wallpaper app. Daily Wallpaper is a special and recommended feature of the app as a new picture is presented every day, and it will not disappoint you.
Features of Vellum Wallpaper App for iPhone
- You can preview wallpapers on Homescreen and Lock Screen without exiting the app.
- Wallpapers can be blurred if you like
- Neatly organized wallpapers into different themes for easy accessibility.
Price: Free with ads; $4.70 one-time fee to remove ads and get previous 4 weeks of daily wallpapers.
2. Everpix: Best App for HD Wallpapers
If you are looking for cool iPhone backgrounds in 4K, then download the Everpix app. It currently hosts more than 4000 wallpapers and the collection is regularly updated.
You can browse categories and choose the desired wallpaper from the given categories. All the images featured in the application are of high definition quality, and you will surely find some of the best wallpapers for your iPhone X, 11, or newer 12 and 13 series.
The free app serves up occasional advertisements that can be ignored, given the quality and quantity of wallpapers available. However, the only problem with the free app is that you’ll have to scroll one wallpaper at a time. This is so because the grid view is availble with the paid version.
Features of Everpix App
- Well-categorized wallpapers. You can even see which wallpapers are popular in which region
- With ‘Favorite’ option you can mark your favorite wallpapers to access them later.
- You can preview the wallpapers to get an idea of how your iPhone’s background and the lock screen will look upon applying a wallpaper.
Price: Free with ads; premium plans remove ads and unlock grid view start at $2.29.
3. Icon Skins & Themes: Best for Unique Wallpapers
Icon Skins & Themes is a must download wallpaper app if normally available wallpapers are too simple for you. The app is home to many unique options that are appropriately categorized. The user interface is catchy and quite easy to maneuver, and all the images found on the app are high definition.
The free version gives you access to limited wallpapers, and you’ll have to spin a wheel to earn points. The app makes you watch an unskippable 30-second ad to let you spin the wheel. It can be a dealbreaker for some, but you can always upgrade to the paid version.
Icon Skins & Themes app is designed for wallpaper enthusiasts who love to wrap their smartphones in a vibrant and unique look. You can find some of the best customization options for your iPhone in this app.
Features of Icon Skins & Themes Wallpaper App
- Developers update the collection on a weekly basis.
- It includes a large number of handmade wallpaper designs.
- Wallpapers can be blurred with the in-app tool.
Price: Free with ads and limited wallpapers; Premium starts at $5.64 for 3 months
4. Kappboom: Overall Best Wallpaper App
Kappboom is much more than just a wallpaper app for iOS. You can find cool facts, famous quotes, and drink recipes. You can make collages and edit photos with the editor provided in the app.
The app features more than 2,00,000 wallpapers, and all the iPhone backgrounds are in high definition. Here, you can find some of the best wallpaper for iPhone 11, 12, or older models.
Features of Kappboom Wallpaper App
- Slideshow option allows you to sit back, view wallpapers, and choose the ones you like
- With the hold and drag option, you can add backgrounds to your favorites, find images with similar tags, and share with your friends.
- Kappboom’s image search option can be used for searching images online.
- Create a collage with different wallpapers given in the app.
Price: Free with ads; Remove ads for $2.41 and premium features unlock start from $9/month.
5. Live Wallpapers for Me: Best Live Wallpaper app for iPhone
Searching for free live wallpapers for iPhone? Live Wallpapers for Me presents before you a collection of animated wallpapers. You can choose your favorite live wallpaper from the list of categories, including Fire, Water, Sci-fi, Sports, Animals, etc. Your iPhone must support live photos feature to enjoy animated wallpapers.
Live Wallpaper for Me is easily one of the best live wallpaper apps for iPhone due to the vast library of dynamic backgrounds. If you don’t want to see frequent ads, you can purchase the premium version of the app, and it’s worth every dime.
Features of Live Wallpaper for Me
- The interface of the app can be accessed in different languages, including English, French, Japanese, German, and Thai.
- It has a neatly categorized collection of wallpapers.
- New wallpapers are added on a weekly basis.
- Plenty of 4k wallpapers.
Price: Free basic features; Remove ads and unlock all wallpapers at $5.64
6. Magic Screen: Best App to Create Your Own Wallpaper
Magic Screen works just like its name. With a large number of surreally animated wallpapers, the application is a must-have if you want to decorate your screen with customized backgrounds.
Not only you can choose from the pre-existing wallpapers in the app, but you can also design your own wallpaper. It is an added feature not found in commonly available live wallpaper apps.
You can create a collage of wallpapers for your lock screen. Customizing wallpaper is a child’s play with this free app. However, the app doesn’t work without camera access which some may not like to grant.
Features of Magic Screen
- You can add text and calendar to wallpapers from a choice of more than 150 fonts and 20 beautiful templates of calendars.
- Turn your photo into a GIF or Live Wallpaper and apply it on the screen.
- You can share your created wallpapers over WiFi
Price: Free; Remove ads for $1.20, unlock features like calendar and fonts pack starting at $1.20.
7. Papers.co: Wallpaper App With Variety
Papers.co had to be included in this list of best wallpaper apps for iPhone because of its extensive collection. Stunningly designed pictures are segregated into different categories, including Art, Apple, People, Texture, Sunset, Night, Spring, Space, etc.
You can preview the wallpaper on your lock screen and home screen by simply clicking on the wallpaper of your choice. Here you can find wallpapers of your favorite football team, comic hero, and vintage art as well.
Papers.co is the app you should download if you are searching wallpapers for iPhone 11 or later generations. Dark-themed wallpapers on the app look good on these devices. The application is free to use with ads. You can go for the premium version for an ad-free experience.
Features of Papers.Co
- More than 5,00,000 wallpapers available for zero cost
- The collection is updated daily.
- Easy to use interface.
Price: Free with ads; Remove ads for $4.70
8. Walli: Wallpapers For iPhone Designed By Artists
Walli is a creative wallpaper app for iPhone and Android wherein you will find wallpapers designed by artists. The iPhone backgrounds featured here are not like the ones you will usually find in other apps that are listed here.
It is a community of artists, and the contributing artists are paid as well for their work. That’s visible in the content available on this app; you get to see some really cool iPhone wallpapers.
Walli is one of my favorite wallpaper apps because of the artistic and creative wallpapers that I find here. The wallpaper app has a pretty snappy and interactive interface that you would love.
Features Of Walli Wallpaper App
- Wallpapers designed by the best graphic artists from all over the world.
- Categorical division of wallpapers into different sections such as retro, cute, said, hipster, and funny.
- You can follow your favorite artists by visiting the designer’s social media account and website.
- Multiple sizes to choose from according to your device.
Price: Free with ads; 4K wallpapers for $2.99/week
9. Pixs: iOS Wallpaper App With Neat Interface
Pixs is another budding wallpaper app for iPhone that has been included in this list because of its neat and clean interface. While most apps offer tonnes of choices, making it difficult to choose the best out of them, Pixs has a handful of wallpapers. But the focus on quality is certainly an attraction.
Pixs app has wallpapers for iPhone X, 11, and above. One of the features that I liked most in the app is the color filter that can be applied to view the wallpapers of a particular band of color. This could be useful for those who are searching for black wallpapers for iPhone.
Features of Pixs Wallpaper App
- A neat interface with wallpapers segregated into different categories such as Winter, Art, Colorful, Into The Night and City Vibes
- No annoying advertisements
- A new wallpaper is added every day
- Easy preview with multiple filters to choose from.
Price: Free; Unlimited access at $5.38/year.
10. Unsplash: More Than Just An iPhone Wallpaper App
Unsplash is not an iPhone wallpaper app per se but it is a community where photographers and artists submit their creative photos. It makes this a home to some of the best images you’ll find on the internet.
The app is free to use and you get to choose a wallpaper for iPhone by typing in the search box in the app. Like other apps, there are no categories as you need to scroll down to choose wallpaper or you can use the search box for the same.
On the Unsplash app, you can easily find creative and best wallpaper for iPhone 11, iPhone 11, 12, and more. All the images hosted on the app are in HD quality and you get to see the information of the camera used by the artists for clicking the photograph.
Unsplash is undoubtedly one of the go-to apps for the best iPhone wallpapers owing to its large collection and neat interface.
Features of Unsplash iPhone Wallpaper App
- A vast collection of free wallpapers
- Search box for searching a particular image
- No advertisements
11. Art Wallpapers By Artpaper: Vast Collection Of Artwork
If you’re a connoisseur and have a knack for fine art, you’ll appreciate this app. It is a paid app and there’s no free version available. The highlight is that it houses 1,300 hand-picked artworks by artists from around the world.
These wallpapers are artworks on display around the world. You can filter and look at art from the Uffizi Gallery, Alte Nationalgalerie, Amazon Carter, Art Institute Chicago, and more.
Features of Art Wallpapers By Artpaper
- Good collection of art from around the world
- Premium high-quality wallpapers
- Clean interface
12. Dark Mode Wallpapers & Themes: Daily Dose Of Dark Mode
This one is a niche but neatly put-together iPhone wallpaper app. Dark Mode Wallpapers & Themes features a good collection of dark wallpapers. While a huge chunk of the collection is free to use, you can go premium and unlock categories like Cyberpunk and monochrome wallpapers.
You’ll also find plenty of darkened wallpapers in the ‘Featured’ section of the app. It has a simple and straightforward interface and subtly placed apps. So even if you’re going with the free version, the app is a breeze to use.
Dark wallpapers preserve your phone’s battery so a wallpaper app that does just that is appreciated.
Features of Dark Mode Wallpapers & Themes
- Neat interface with plenty of wallpapers to choose from
- No pop-up or unskippable ads in the free version
- Frequently updated collections
Which iPhone Wallpaper App Did You Love?
We hope that this list of best wallpaper apps for iPhone would help you stand out from the crowd. The apps mentioned here are not listed in any order; you can download any of these as per your liking. We’ve mentioned the specialties of each wallpaper app given in the list.
Also, remember that live wallpapers are supported on iPhone 6s, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, Xr, 11, 11 Pro, and above. If you are applying animated backgrounds to your phone, then expect the battery to drain somewhat faster, and animations won’t work when your iPhone is in low power mode.
Tell us about your favorite app from the list in the comments and keep reading Fossbytes.