The Windows 11 hype is only increasing ever since Microsoft revealed Windows 11 in their event. The operating system comes with an all-new look and feel, and shows off a variety of new features. But with every upgrade, some baggage is obviously left behind.
Microsoft had to get rid of obsolete and old features or services to bring in its latest offerings. Here’s a list of features that have been removed from Windows 11:
Windows 10 Features That Were Changed in Windows 11
The list containing the changes was posted on Microsoft’s website. A lot of apps and services were bid farewell. The list is long and you might see an evergreen name in there. Let us have a look.
1. Cortana option removed from the first boot setup and the Taskbar.
2. Desktop wallpaper cannot be roamed to or from device when signed in with a Microsoft account.
3. Internet Explorer disabled. Microsoft Edge replaced the old browser and contains an IE Mode for specific use-cases.
Find your dream job
4. Math Input Panel is removed.
5. News & Interests has transformed into Widgets.
6. Quick Status from the Lockscreen is removed.
7. S Mode is only available now for Windows 11 Home edition.
8. Snipping Tool functionality is changed.
9. Start Menu redesigned.
10. Tablet Mode removed.
11. Taskbar functionality is changed.
12. Timeline removed.
13. Touch Keyboard docking removed on certain screen sizes.
14. Wallet removed.
15. Following apps will stay on upgrading locally but removed while clean installing Windows 11: 3D Viewer, OneNote for Windows 10, Paint 3D, Skype.
Windows 11 will be a major upgrade coming from Windows 10. These changes have been made to make room for the new stuff that Windows 11 comes with.
Make sure to check our detailed Windows 11 coverage. Did you rely on any of the changed features? Are you satisfied with Windows 11? Let us know in the comments below.