Short Bytes: Kodi 17.1 is the first release candidate of Kodi 17.0 Krypton series. It only includes various bug fixes for the popular open source media center software designed for Rpi’s, HTPCs, and other devices. Along with the nightly builds, the latest Kodi release is now available for download.Kodi, the famous open source media center software for HTPCs, has received its latest point release in the name of Kodi v17.1, or as the developers call it, the “bug fixes release”. Because Kodi 17.1 “Krypton” only includes fixes to various components of the software.
If we talk about new features, Kodi 17.1 RC1 continues with what was offered by its predecessor Kodi 17.0 which was released last month. Coming to the bugfix story, the development team has listed the following bugs which been fixed in this point release.
Kodi 17.1 Bug Fixes
- Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
- Fix EDL skipping
- Fix slow song smartplaylist
- Several PVR fixes
- Update Chorus webinterface
- Fix addons not being marked broken when they are updated with broken flag
- Add limiter on random songs which should prevent large memory usage on big libraries
- Improve keyboard mapping during button mapping
- Improve analog stick handling
- Improve plugin performance when building the content list
- Include RTMP inputstream add-on for Windows
- Don’t close subtitle stream when switching audio
- Fix replaygain for music files
- Fix controllers buttons on Android
- Fix music cleanup hanging on large MySQL music database
- Fix use of SMB on Android on new installs
- Fix possible Kodi upgrade migration hang during add-on update process
- Add check in Windows installer for Service Packs and updates that Kodi needs to operate
- Don’t try to read tags from internet audio streams
- Add setting to disable controller rumble on notifications
The team says that they’re small in size and it’s quite difficult to repair broken things quickly. They welcome contributing developers to submit any bug fixes to their code base for review.
You can download Kodi 17.1 Krypton using this link. Nightly build for Kodi 17.1 are also available under the Development Downloads header on the download page.
If you have something to add, drop your thoughts and feedback.
Also Read: Google Releases Android O Developer Preview: Everything You Need To Know