Snapchat, one of the coolest social media apps, has a large audience due to its unique features. Whether it’s widely known Snaps, AI-based filters, or Bitmojis that look exactly like you, Snapchat has got you covered.
One such feature is Snap Maps, which allows users to share their Snapchat location with their friends. Snap Maps can also be used to keep a check on the events going on in the city and check snaps and stories from all around the world.
Note: To use Snap Map, you first need to enable location services on your smartphone so that the feature can fetch your real-time location.
How to use Snapchat’s Snap Map to set status and share location?
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on the Bitmoji icon available in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and you will see the Snap Map tab. Tap on the Allow button.
- Again, tap the Allow button to let Snapchat’s Snap Map fetch your location.
- You will now see the Snapchat Map and the location of your friends as Bitmojis.
- Now tap on the status button at the bottom left corner of the screen and then tap on the Let’s Go button.
- Choose an avatar from the available options and set it as your status on the Snap Map.
- Your Snapchat location will now be visible to all your friends on the Snap Map.
You can view various monuments and other events happening in the city on the Snap Map. You can also choose who you want to share your location with on the Snap Map.
How to use Snapchat’s Snap Map to share location selectively?
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on the Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and go to the Snap Map tab. Tap the Sharing Location option
- Here, choose Ghost Mode to hide your Snapchat location.
- You can choose to hide your Snapchat location from particular people under the ‘who can see my location’ settings.
- Here, you can also decide whether you want your friends to request your location in the Snap Map or not.
Does Snapchat tell you when someone is looking at your location?
You don’t get immediate notification on who is looking at your location, but you can always find out via the Snap Map settings and check out who viewed your location. However, if you don’t want to share your location with anyone, you can simply enable ghost mode.
Will a person be notified if you tap on their Bitmoji on Snap Map?
Well, people don’t get any type of notification if you tap on their Bitmoji on the Snap Map. It will just open a chat window with the person.
How do I see the Snapchat map?
You can always open the Snap Map by tapping the Bitmoji icon >> scroll down >> Snap Map. You can also access it simply by pinching in on the screen.
Is Snapchat map accurate?
Snapchat Map shows the accurate location of people most of the time. However, it is likely to be inaccurate when someone has not opened the app in the last few hours.
How long does Snap Map location last?
Snapchat’s Snap Map location is visible for a time period of 8 hours. If a person has not updated the location in eight hours, then their location disappears from Snap Map. The map also shows the last time a person updated their location.