While most of the attention has been given to improvements and bug fixes, Microsoft has enhanced Cortana’s capability by giving it powers to push website links from your phone to your PC. You can do so within the Cortana app for Android and iOS.
The feature was first announced as a beta with the release of Build 16251. In the Cortana app, you can find a blue colored button on the bottom right corner, from where you can use the Continue on PC feature. There are two options available, ‘Continue Now’ and ‘Continue Later’.
Other changes included in Windows 10 Insider Build 16291 are:
- Fixed an issue where sometimes after an upgrade Windows Update’s update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you’d just done.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn’t working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- Fixed an issue where pin reset above lock (“I forgot my PIN”) would only work the first time the password was reset.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- Fixed an issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
- Fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.
The Fall Creators Update is scheduled for a release on October 17. The latest update would also bring Windows Mixed Reality support for our PCs. Check out this post to see if you are running a compatible hardware.