Uber, the popular cab service, now allows users to view the ratings they get from their drivers. Likewise, you finally know if you behave nicely every time you get into an Uber. The new feature will let you know all ratings from your past drivers, including the one-star ones.
If you haven’t already, you will get an update on your iOS or Android device that will bring the feature. However, you won’t be able to see which driver gave you which rating; but you’ll be able to see the metric count of all the ratings you’ve received.
How to view your previous Uber ratings
The company announced the rollout of the new feature via a blog post on Wednesday. “Starting today, all Uber users can access a breakdown of their average rating in the Uber app’s new Privacy Center.
You’ll see how many drivers gave you a stellar 5-star rating, how many handed out the dreaded single star, and everything in between,” said Uber in a blog post. Uber recently released another feature that allows users to book rides via WhatsApp.
That said, here’s how to view the metric count of all your past Uber ratings:
1. Open the Uber app on your iOS or Android phone. Then, tap on your profile picture in the upper-right corner and open Settings.
2. In the settings menu, tap privacy and then Privacy Center.
3. Swipe right and click on the “Would you like to see a summary of how you use Uber” tile.
4. Scroll down to the “browse your data” section and tap on “View My Ratings” to see the breakdown.
5. There, you’ll see all the ratings you received on your past 500 trips.
Improve your ratings
Apart from Uber ratings, the company also shared tips on improving your ratings if they’re low.
1. Drivers shouldn’t have to clean up after you. Always make sure to bring your trash and any other belongings with you. Don’t leave a mess behind.
2. Studies show that unbuckled passengers in the back seat can put the driver at greater risk of injury in a crash. Always remember to buckle up for you and the driver’s safety.
3. Remember that drivers’ time is valuable and they shouldn’t have to wait for you. A smooth pickup is better for everyone, so be ready to go when the driver arrives.
4. Always treat your driver and their vehicle as you want to be treated.
5. It is easy to accidentally slam a door if you aren’t thinking about it, and drivers have consistently cited door slams as a reason why they deduct stars.