Short Bytes: Participating in a hackathon and after a 20-hours long coding session, two programmers have written a python-based programming language called TrumpScript. This language is something Donal Trump would approve of. Take a look at the rules and syntax of the language and know more.
After a total 20 hours coding, the coders were able to write TrumpScript, a python based programming language that is inspired by Donald Trump.
But, when I say ‘inspired by Donald Trump’, apart from “Making Python Great Again”, what does that exactly mean?
To write a program in TrumScript, you need to choose malformed sentences using only pre-formed words and only a small subset of ‘logical’ operator. The error messages don’t help you track down the bug, they criticize your code. Words like “true” or “false” are “fact” and “lie”.
Here are some of TrumpScript’s features:
- No floating point numbers, only integers. America never does anything halfway.
- All numbers must be strictly greater than 1 million. The small stuff is inconsequential to us.
- There are no import statements allowed. All code has to be home-grown and American made.
- Instead of True and False, we have fact and lie.
- Only the most popular English words, Trump’s favorite words, and current politician names can be used as variable names.
- Error messages are mostly quotes directly taken from Trump himself.
- All programs must end with “America is great.”
- Our language will automatically correct Forbes’ $4.5B to $10B.
- In its raw form, TrumpScript is not compatible with Windows, because Trump isn’t the type of guy to believe in PC.
- The language is completely case insensitive.
The mission of language states that “TrumpScript is language based upon the illustrious Donald Trump. As the undeniably best presidential candidate in the 2016 language, we found that the current field of programming languages does not include any that Trump’s glorious golden combover would approve of.”
By making a programming language that Donald Trump would approve of, Sam and Chris want to make programming great again.
Here’s the GitHub repo of TrumpScript