The wait is over; you can finally have the Tesla Model Y on your doorstep. For those who are still waiting for the review of Model Y before booking it, here’s the first impression of this electric car.
Ben Sullins from the YouTube channel Teslanomics with Ben Sullins created this video as soon as Tesla delivered the first Model Y in California, and possibly the first in the US.
Model Y First Impressions
The Model Y delivered was a blue performance variant with an upgrade package. Also, the car has 21 inches Überturbine wheels that look cool with a flashy red caliper.
The upgrade includes a lowered suspension, power-brakes, Aluminium alloy pedals along with the above wheels.
With these wheels and upgrades, the electric vehicle can achieve a top speed of 155mph and can sprint from 0 to 60mph in just 3.5 seconds. However, there is a drop in the range, which limits the range to 280 miles.
Tesla Model Y First Impression: A Must Buy
- Initially, at the first appearance of Model Y, most people gave remarks that it is nothing but slightly bigger than Model 3. However, after having an inside close look, which confirms how spacious it is from inside, the YouTuber put it next to the Tesla Model X.
- Tesla Model Y is almost the same in height as that of Model X. After having a close look, the profile and size of both the cars look identical.
- The four-glass panoramic sunroof gives enough headspace to add up to the room inside the cabin.
- As I said in my previous article, there are foldable second-row seats. It can be folded with the levers provided at the left side of the wall when you open the trunk. Also, there is a lever at the top of seats for folding the seats.
- Trunk space is one of the distinguishing and vital features of the Tesla Model Y electric SUV. Additionally, there are two compartments for putting extra items at the rear. However, one of the chambers is smaller.
- Adjustable with foldable seats, the power-lifted trunk gate, combined with other features, makes this electric SUV incredibly functional.
- Apart from the above features, if you like a few upgrades in your car, then the 21-inch dark rims with a red caliper inside it and a spoiler make it look super stunning.
Model Y (Downside):
Although the car looks super-stylish with big, beautiful, super stylish rims, but at what cost? The performance variant of the Model Y has a range of 315 miles. If you can spare around 35 miles only for these big wheels and looks, then sure, you can go for it.
Spending extra bucks only to get a cut of 30-35 miles in your driving range with little upgrades makes sense only if you are a city driver, and you have another car with long ranges to cover your long trips.
However, you can still have conventional 19″ alloy wheels that can give you the same range of 315 miles in an upgraded model too.
Well, it’s a matter of choice, keeping this aside, so far after the Tesla Model Y first impression, this is the best utility electric car Tesla has produced.