At fossBytes, we all love drones, a lot! And you can guess that by looking at our drone coverage. We all get excited by drones and technology behind it and recently we ordered Limited-Edition ‘Code Black’ HD-Camera Drone and Snowflake Micro-Drone to test it out. We will be publishing our reviews soon. This talk is about the guy who built a Millennium Falcon drone and just made its better and bigger version.
I bet if you too are Star Wars fan, you will cry out in heavy emotions. This video is going to make your day.
The creation is the second attempt from French amateur drone enthusiast Olivier C on YouTube and brings with it a larger and more detailed chassis. Here’s the first one:
►Gears Used in making YT-1300:
- A quadcopter : Omen 410 (custom frame, carbon and aluminium)
- Motors : Quanum 2217 800kV
- Speed controllers : Afro ESC 30A
- Propellers : HQprop 9×4.5MR
- Battery: LiPo 4S-3300mAh 35C
- Flight controller : Naza + GPS
- Radio system : Futaba 14SG, receiver FrSky TFR8SB
- Camera : Gopro 4 Silver 1080p-50
- Weight of the carrier : 1180gr
- Weight of the model : 505gr
Not a big deal, you can get it from any online supplier of electronic components. Helpfully, he’s shared both the plans to build the drone itself and the Millennium Falcon frame. His next project is a TIE Fighter <3.
Well, don’t worry if you don’t have it or you find it not so easy to build, you can try out few awesome drones readily available in the market today with huge discounts:
The Snowflake’s smooth maneuvers, flawless 4-way flips, and 360˚rolls in any direction make it truly best in class. Soar, hover, flip, and tilt with ease or join a fleet of drones, thanks to advanced anti-collision technology. This fun quadcopter, with its durable design and gyro-stabilization, is fit for any terrain and any pilot ready to hit the skies.
- 6-axis gyro technology for smooth & steady flight
- High-speed mode for outdoor racing
- 4 multi-color LED lights to navigate the night’s sky
- 2.4 technology to avoid multi-drone collision
- 4 safety-protected propellers for crash recovery
- 4CH digital proportional RC system for indoor & outdoor flight
SKEYE Nano Drone
Meet the SKEYE Nano Drone, the shockingly agile and tiny flying machine, perfect for airborne stunts (like figure 8s, banking turns, flips, etc) both indoors and out. The Nano Drone provides high thrust, low weight, and has incredibly responsive controls that are complemented by advanced hardware to give the Nano Drone outstanding stability and maneuverability.
- RTF (ready to fly) technology
- 6-axis flight control system w/ adjustable gyro sensitivity
- Extreme portability
- 3 distinct flight modes: beginner, advanced pilots, and seasoned flight veterans
- Stable & easy to fly
- Aerobatic “flip” capability
- LED lights for night flights
Limited-Edition ‘Code Black’ HD-Camera Drone
This powerful little drone is the size of your palm, and uses 6-axis gyro technology for an extremely smooth flight. With a flight time of about 10 minutes, it’s a great introductory drone for anyone looking to dominate the sky.
- Ready-to-fly out of the box
- Palm-size drone
- 6-axis flight control system for an extremely stable flight
- 4-ways flip (left, right, forward, backward)
- Beginner and expert flight modes
- USB charging cable for charging w/ a computer
DJI Phantom 2
With more efficiently designed propellers and a new flight controller, there is clearly a reason why DJI is the clear choice for a top-notch quadcopter.
- Ready to fly
- Position holding, altitude lock & stable hovering for camera stability
- Built-in support for the DJI Zenmuse gimbal for smooth camera footage
- Flight time of up to 25 minutes on a single charge
- Upgraded motor & self-tightening propellers
- Remote w/ built-in rechargeable LiPo battery & dial to control gimbal
- GPS-based autopilot with return-to-home feature
Let us know in comments if you are inspired by Olivier C and building your own spaceship.