Galaxy Note 9 Catches Fire In Woman’s Purse, Samsung Faces Lawsuit


A woman has filed a lawsuit against Samsung claiming that her Galaxy Note 9 burst into flames inside her purse, only a month ago. For those who don’t know, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 device comes with a price tag of roughly $1,000 and has a massive 4000mAh battery.

The real estate women Diane Chung claimed in her lawsuit that her Samsung Galaxy Note 9 became “extremely hot” while she was in an elevator, reports New York Post.

Chung says she immediately stopped using the phone and put it in her bag. After which she noticed smoke coming out of her purse. Alone in the elevator, Chung kept her purse down and tried to remove the device, while burning her fingers.

After it she stopped the elevator and kicked the device out. Then a Samaritan picked it with close and extinguished the fire with a bucket of water.

This is apparently the first known report of Samsung Note 9 device bursting into flames after its global launch on August 24th. For those who don't remember, this event is very similar to former incidents where many Samsung devices exploded, back in 2016.

At that time, Samsung was forced to recall millions of devices which resulted in loads of lawsuits and massive financial loss. After an internal investigation, the company also arrived with an explanation as well.

Interestingly, before the launch of Galaxy Note 9, Samsung CEO Koj Dong Jin said, "The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever. Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore." (Yeah right!)

Also Read: Google Inbox Is Shutting Down; Switch to Gmail Before March 2019

Similar Posts