Reliance Jio has launched JioMart online ordering system on Facebook-owned WhatsApp through which users will be easily able to place orders.
The big news comes after Facebook invested over $5.7 billion investment in Reliance Jio and bought 9.9% stakes in the firm.
JioMart will allow customers to place orders for their groceries and other household needs online via WhatsApp. However, unlike Amazon or Flipkart, JioMart users will have to visit the shop to collect their orders. As per the speculation, Jio will soon introduce a digital payment option for the orders too.
How To Order On Reliance JioMart Via WhatsApp
- Create the JioMart contact in your smartphone (+91 8850008000)
- Now open WhatsApp — Search for the new contact — Drop a “Hi” on the same number
- You will get a message with the ordering link, tap the link
- A page will open up where you have to fill your phone number, name, and full address. Now, tap the ‘Proceed’ button
- Now, select the items that you need and tap the ‘Place Order’ button
- Once the order is placed, you will get a new message on WhatsApp with a PDF containing order details
- The message will also include the address and the phone number of the shop that has received your order.
- Once you get the confirmation message that the order has been packed, you can pick it up and pay the shopkeeper.
Note: Digital payments are unavailable at the moment. Also, the service is only available to people living in Kalyan, Thane and Navi Mumbai.
The Facebook-owned instant messaging platform has a total user base of 400-million users in India, and Jio has a user-base of 385-million in India. As we can see, their partnership is beneficial for both parties.
If Jio’s online ordering system runs well and successfully attracts large masses in the available areas, the company will look forward to launching the service all over India.