After introducing new operating systems for the iPhone, iPad and, macOS at its WWDC event, Apple has finally released the public beta of iOS 13, iPadOS 13 and macOS Catalina. Initially, Apple said the public betas will be available starting from July but it seems the company is working hard to stay ahead of schedule.
So here’s how you can download the public beta of iOS 13, iPadOS 13 and macOS Catalina.
iOS 13 Public Beta
iOS 13 brings considerable upgrades in terms of speed and performance. Amongst the numerous new features, some of the noteworthy features of iOS 13 are dark mode, Sign-in with Apple, swipe typing, redesigned default apps, and new photo and video editing tools.
Here’s a list of the 13 best features of iOS 13 for your reference.
iOS 13 Compatible Devices
The following iPhones are compatible with iOS 13:
- iPod Touch (7th Generation)
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
To download the public beta of iOS 13:
- Go to Apple Beta Software Program page and sign-in with your Apple ID.
- Choose iOS 13 public beta and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap on “Enroll your devices” under the iOS tab.
- Apple will prompt you to create a backup before you proceed to download the iOS 13 beta profile. It is a highly recommended step.
- Tap on “Download Profile” button and tap “Allow” when the next prompt appears.
- Once downloaded, go to Settings > General > Software Update and install the iOS 13 public beta profile.
iPadOS 13 Public Beta
Apple surprised everyone at WWDC 2019 by releasing an independent operating system for iPad. This is seen as an attempt to give iPad the features it deserves.
iPadOS 13 Compatible Devices
You can install iPadOS 13 on the following devices:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Mini (5th Generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
To download iPadOS 13 Public Beta:
- Enroll your iPad for Apple Beta Software program and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Under iOS tab, tap on the “Download Profile” button and then tap on “Install”.
- Once installed, go to Settings > General > Software update and then tap on “Download and Install”
- Your iPad will restart to install iPadOS 13 public beta.
macOS Catalina Public Beta
macOS 10.15 or macOS Catalina brings a couple of new features like two segregated apps for Apple Music and Apple TV, SideCar feature to extend the display using an iPad and new accessibility features to operate your Mac using Voice Control and the new “Find My” app.
macOS Catalina Compatible Devices
You can install macOS Catalina on the following Mac devices:
- MacBook 2015 and later
- MacBook Air 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro 2012 or later
- Mac Mini 2012 or later
- iMac 2012 or later
- iMac Pro 2017 or later
- Mac Pro 2013 or later
To download macOS Catalina Public Beta:
- Go to Apple Public Beta Software webpage from your Mac device.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and under the Mac tab, install the MacOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- After installing the utility software, you’ll be taken to the Software Update section in the System Preferences of your Mac device.
- Download the public beta of macOS Catalina from there. Click on the “Upgrade Now” option to download the beta operating system.
- After installing it, follow the on-screen instructions to run macOS Catalina on your Mac device.
There Could Be Bugs
Beware that these are the first public betas and far from polished software, therefore, you could come across some bugs. Also, we recommend taking a backup of your device before installing these public beta software.
Apple has also released the public beta of tvOS 13 and WatchOS 6. You can download the betas from Apple’s website.
Also Read: First iOS 13 Beta Jailbreak Surfaces On The Internet