PUBG Player Saves Nearly 1000 People In Visakhapatnam Gas Leak

Share on twitter
Tweet
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp
Share on facebook
Share
PUBG Player Saves Nearly 1000 People In Visakhapatnam Gas Leak

The Styrene chemical leakage from a plant in Visakhapatnam has claimed 11 lives and hospitalized hundreds of people so far. However, the leakage could have affected a lot more people if a PUBG Mobile player wasn’t awake late at night playing the game.

Suresh, who lives in Venkatapuram village in Visakhapatnam, told The Week that he received a call from his friend Kiran, around 2:30 am. While Suresh was asleep at that time, Kiran was still awake because of his love for PUBG Mobile. 

Kiran, who lives just 200 meters away from the plant, told Suresh that he could smell a strong chemical scent.

“I was asleep, but my friend was busy playing PUBG, as he does every night. I asked him what the matter was. He told me that he could feel a strong chemical smell,” said Suresh to The Week.

After this, Kiran and Suresh woke up some of their other friends to share what they’d just felt. Then, they all ventured outside to investigate where they found streets covered in smoke. And as soon as Suresh saw a dog vomiting blood, he realized something is “horribly wrong.” 

Immediately, they called the plant security to find out what happened; and they were told that there was a Styrene leak, and they should run for their life.

Shockingly, plant authorities didn’t sound the alarm. So, Suresh and some of his friends went door-to-door to alert the residents. Out of 1500 households in Venkatapuram, the group of youngsters could only bring out 500 families in one hour.

At 4 am, the group walked towards the Meghadrigedda reservoir, which is 4 km from the village. By this time, they had alerted the political leaders and the police about the chemical leak.

Sadly, by the time everyone got back to the village, they saw that people were fainted due to inhalation of chemicals for too long. Even the police felt uneasy because of the poisonous gas. So, Suresh and his friends took turns to rescue villagers. 

Kiran, who alerted Suresh about the chemical leak, fell sick and was admitted to the hospital because he stays too close to the plant.

PUBG Mobile has received a lot of criticism in the past where it was banned too because several players had taken their lives over it. But in this case, thankfully the PUBG player was able to save at least 1000 lives.

Shivam Gulati

Shivam Gulati

Shivam is a blogger who is always fascinated with technology and the amount of knowledge he can gather from the internet. He is trying to nerdify everyone around him with that same knowledge, through his writings. He enjoys gaming in particular, so he tries to keep track of what’s new in the gaming community and write about it. Visit his Gaming Channel IntroGamers on YouTube.

New on Fossbytes

Scroll to Top