The United States Department of Defence or the Pentagon has officially released three videos that show the encounter of US Navy pilots with unidentified flying objects (UFO) in 2004 and 2015. As quoted by the Pentagon, the videos depict “unexplained aerial phenomena” and many people have circulated these videos over the year spreading fake news regarding aliens.
The scenario has been termed as an unidentified aerial phenomenon instead of an unidentified flying object or UFO. Pentagon did this as it wanted to clear the misconceptions of people as some believed that these videos aren’t real.
Previously, in 2017, two out of the three videos were unofficially released by The New York Times showing oval-shaped objects moving speedily. One of the US Navy pilots can be heard in the video shouting and asking the other guy about the flying objects.
Defense Department spokeswoman, Sue Gough, said in 2019 that the circulated videos are real for sure but they don’t consist of any useful or relevant information.
On the other hand, former Senator of Nevada, Harry Seid, has said that the step taken by the Pentagon to officially release the US Navy UFO videos is highly commendable. He also said the US defense needs to take serious action in a scientific way to identify the objects as they can be a threat to national security.
I’m glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available. The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed. https://t.co/1XNduvmP0u
— Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid) April 27, 2020
Two of the videos were captured in 2015 show oblong objects moving at a very high speed. One of the videos from 2004 shows a figure that is around 40 feet long and is flying around 50 feet above the water.
The release of the videos further speculates that human beings have experienced something that is officially termed as “unexplained”.