Nothing has been pretty hard at work on Software updates lately. The company rolled out Android 13 Beta in the form of Nothing OS 1.5 in a closed beta a few months ago and recently rolled out a stable version of Android 13 to beta testers. Yesterday, the official Nothing Twitter handle wrote that Android 13 Stable will be available to all users today.
Update (5:57 PM IST): Nothing OS 1.5 is now available on the Nothing Phone (1). To update your Phone (1), go to Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates.
Last year, Nothing’s founder and ex-OnePlus CEO Carl Pei confirmed that Android 13 would be arriving on Nothing Phone (1) but much later in the year 2023, reportedly due to expanding development team. This led people to believe the update would arrive in Q2 of 2023, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
As for what’s new in Nothing OS 1.5, there are tons of Android 13 goodies, battery, and software optimizations that Carl claims increase the performance and app opening times on the phone by a whopping 50%. Here’s a brief list of everything new in the Nothing OS 1.5:
- 50% increase in app opening times.
- Android 13 Material You expansion.
- Multi-language support for apps.
- Android 13 privacy upgrades — Photo picker, Notification permissions, and Media Permissions.
- QR code scanner
- Clipboard preview
- New Media Control.
- Live Caption.
- Increased background memory.
- Self-repair — Phone (1) deletes the unused cache and system dumps.
- New Volume control UI.
- Enhanced Game Mode with the new UI and Game Dashboard.
What are your thoughts about Nothing OS 1.5? Let us know in the comments section below.