At the recent launch, Xiaomi revealed that it would begin MIUI 12 global roll-out to the first batch of devices by June. However, it appears that few Xiaomi devices have already started receiving the update.
Reportedly, MIUI 12 Global stable versions are being pushed to Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro devices in India, which also go by the name of Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro globally.
This appears to be the MIUI 12 Beta Global Stable update that was promised to the Mi fans who participated in the MIUI 12 Pilot program.
Interestingly, the change-log does not appear to brief users about the big new features of MIUI 12, unlike what we saw with MIUI 12 development updates.
For those who don’t know, MIUI 12 comes with a plethora of features starting with new animations everywhere to massive UI changes. There is a new animated live wallpaper, privacy features, a reformed Dark mode, and changes to the camera app.
The MIUI 12 update also comes with multiple Android 10 based features such as new navigation gestures, permission settings, and more.
How to install MIUI 12 Global Stable Update?
Redmi K20/Mi 9T users can either wait for the OTA update or install the update manually.
Follow these steps to update the Xioami devices manually —
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update or MIUI 12 Recovery ROM from the links below:
- Transfer the file to the “Download_rom” folder on your Xiaomi device.
- Go to Settings → About Phone → System updates.
- Tap on the MIUI logo 7-8 times to access recovery options.
- Tap on the Tripple-dot menu → Choose Update Package → Select the MIUI 12 update file.
- After verifying the file, the device will start installing the update.
Since this is the very first MIUI 12 stable update, it may include a few bugs and glitches.