Microsoft has added a relatively low-cost notebook to its Surface lineup, named Surface Laptop Go. Much like its tablet sibling sporting the same moniker, Surface Laptop Go is also aimed at people who want to get a Microsoft Notebook without spending much.
In addition to this, Microsoft has also announced an updated Surface Pro X and a bunch of Microsoft accessories.
Surface Laptop Go Specifications
Microsoft has taken liberty while fitting hardware inside the Surface Laptop Go, considering the company calls it an affordable laptop. One of the plus points is that the device comes with a 12.4-inch touchscreen display. Here’s is what you’ll get after paying $549.99 and more:
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 Processor
- RAM: 4GB/8GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB (eMMC), 128GB/256GB (SSD)
- OS: Windows 10 with S mode
- Display: 12.4-inch PixelSense Display (1536 x 1024, 148ppi, 3:2)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi-6, 1x USB-C, 1x USB-A, 1x Surface Connector, 3.5mm jack
- Battery: 13 Hours
- Biometrics: Fingerprint Reader
- Colors: Ice Blue, Platinum, Sandstone
The Surface Laptop Go weighs around 1.1kg, which puts it on the lighter side. Microsoft has achieved this by using a combination of aluminum at the top and polycarbonate at the base of the device. It also packs Ominsonic speakers and supports Dolby Audio for an enhanced sound experience.
Microsoft has put a 720p webcam on the Surface Laptop Go. It isn’t a deal-breaker, but having a 1080p or 4K webcam would have been beneficial, given how everyone relies on video calling nowadays.
Anyway, you can pre-order the Surface Laptop Go from the Microsoft website. Shipping will start in the US on October 13.