First and foremost, Kdenlive 20.12 now includes an in-built subtitling tool. This allows you to add and edit subtitles directly in the timeline on a special subtitle track or using a new subtitle widget.
Additionally, you can also import subtitles using
.ass file and export subtitles to
The next feature is the same track transition, which was requested long ago. This has finally arrived to improve your editing workflow.
To apply a transition to several tracks at the same time, you can enable it by selecting clips and pressing the
u keypad or directly clicking on the icon present in the timeline toolbar.
To improve the usability of Kdenlive application, the latest v20.12 has also included the ability to rename, add, or edit the description of custom effects and timeline clips color change based on tags in the project bin.
Among other new enhancements, here’s what Kdenlive 20.12 has added:
- Well organized effects under category structure
- Improved thumbnail creation
- Faster project opening
- New Pillar Echo effect for vertical videos
- New VR 360 and 3D effects for working with 360º and 3D stereoscopic footage
- Video Equalizer for adjusting image brightness, contrast, saturation and gamma
- Allow deletion of multiple tracks at once
Lastly, if you want to get a snapshot of the new version 20.12, it is available to download for Linux and Windows in supported format such as AppImage, PPA, and EXE.