Offensive Security has released Kali Linux 2021.3. The new build brings wide OpenSSL compatibility, better Virtual Machine support, new tools, and a lot more. Here’s everything you need to know.
Kali Linux 2021.3 Features and Improvements
The new build comes with a wide OpenSSL compatibility by default. This enables Kali to talk to ancient systems that are still using legacy protocols like TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. Old ciphers are also enabled by default. It’s a great addition as it’ll allow the OS to talk to more systems.
Functions like copy-paste, drag, and drop between host and guest are available. This feature works on almost all of the popular VMM’s in the market — VMware, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, and QEMU+Spice. Apart from that, you can now easily configure Kali for Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode.
Here’s the list of all the new tools that have been added.
- Berate_ap – Orchestrating MANA rogue Wi-Fi Access Points
- CALDERA – Scalable automated adversary emulation platform
- EAPHammer – Targeted evil twin attacks against WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- HostHunter – Recon tool for discovering hostnames using OSINT techniques
- RouterKeygenPC – Generate default WPA/WEP Wi-Fi keys
- Subjack – Subdomain takeover
- WPA_Sycophant – Evil client portion of EAP relay attack
You can read more about each of them on the Kali Linux blog.
Comprehensive documentation of Kali-tools is now live. Users can search for tools that they want to know about and get guides on using them.
Kali NetHunter Watch
Mobvoi’s Ticwatch Pro now has NetHunter support. The company says that its features are limited to USB attacks as the hardware has its own limitations, such as a small battery.
Apart from that, there are many theming changes and improvements that you can read more about in the official release post.
Have you used Kali Linux before? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.