The latest version has all the updates and fixes released since 2017.1. Kali 2017.2 has lots of new and updated packages that are surely worth checking out. It goes without saying that these new tools are in addition to the standard security and package updates being received via Debian Testing.
Kali team has also worked to improve the overall integration of Kali Linux packages. Program usage examples, which is one area in particular, have been improved to help reduce confusion for both Kali veterans and newcomers.
New tools in Kali Linux 2017.2
While more than a dozen new tools have been added to the Kali repositories, some of the notable ones are listed below:
- hurl – hexadecimal and URL encoder/decoder
- phishery – injects SSL-enabled basic auth phishing URLs into a .docx
- ssh-audit – SSH server auditor
- apt2 – automated Penetration Testing Toolkit
- bloodhound – reveals hidden relationships within Active Directory
- crackmapexec – a post-exploitation tool
- dbeaver – powerful GUI database manager
- brutespray – attempts default credentials on discovered services
How to update existing Kali installation?
If you already have Kali Linux installed on your computer and you’ve no plans to perform a clean installation, feel free to run the following commands and enjoy using an upgraded system:
apt update apt dist-upgrade reboot
Download Kali Linux 2017.2 ISO Files and Torrent
Kali Linux is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture. Kali ARM and Kali Virtual images have been updated. You also have different desktop options to choose from.
For the new users and those who are willing to perform a clean installation, ISO files and torrents of latest Kali 2017.2 have been made available on Kali download page.
Did you find the latest Kali Linux release interesting? Don’t forget to share your views and feedback.
Don’t Miss these lists of top hacking apps, tools, and operating systems:
- Best Hacking Tools For Windows, Linux, And OS X
- 12 Best Operating Systems For Ethical Hacking
- 12 Best WiFi Hacking Apps For Android Smartphones
- Best iPhone Hacking Apps And Tools
- 10 Best Password Cracking Tools for Windows, Linux, OS X
- 15 Best Free Hacking Apps For Android Phones