After announcing it in WWDC 2018, Apple has made iOS 12 Public beta available for download. The beta version of the software can be downloaded from Apple’s Public Beta Website. You can try newly announced features such as Memojis, where you can create your animated avatar and customize it completely.
Since this is the first public beta, therefore, expect some bugs and app crashes if you are planning on downloading and running it.
iOS 12 focuses on improving the overall experience of users rather than providing extravagant features. Some important iOS 12 features such as Screen Time, Siri Suggestions, Group FaceTime, and improved DND are the highlights of the newest update of iOS. You can also scan QR code easily with iPhones running on iOS 12.
The official rollout of iOS 12 for everyday users can be expected sometime in fall along with the release of new iPhones and other hardware.
How To Download iOS 12 Public Beta?
Before getting your hands on the iOS 12 Public Beta, backup your device and data so that you do not lose your valuable images and contacts in the process. You can sync your data on iCloud.
- Go to Apple Beta Software program website and sign-in with your Apple ID.
- Click on the link to download beta profile and check the accept button on the Agreement page.
- Enroll your device and download the beta profile.
- Once downloaded, you will be prompted to install the profile in the Settings menu of your iPhone/iPad.
- Click on install and restart the device when prompted.
- After downloading Beta Profile, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Ensure that your device is connected to WiFi before installing the update.
- Download iOS 12 Public Beta and install it. The installation process will take approximately 20 minutes, and after that, your device will restart with iOS 12.
It is advised that you should download the public beta on a testing device and not on your main device as there are chances that the new update preview could bring unexpected consequences.
Also Read: Apple Warns Users Against Unauthorised iOS Modification aka “Jailbreaking