It’s believed that a mobile version of the Intel Core i9 CPU might release sometime in early 2018 for devices such as workstation laptops. The high-end overclockable Intel chip is expected to arrive with the 6 Core/12 Thread configuration, 45W TDP, and 12 MB of L3 cache.
Intel Core i9-8950HK would come along with other remaining eight generation mobile chips based on the Coffee Lake-H architecture.
- Intel Core i3-8300H
- Intel Core i5-8400H
- Intel Core i7-8750H
- Intel Core i7-8850H
- Intel Core i9-8950HK
Here are the names of other unannounced processors in Aida64’s release notes:
- Core i7-8670, 8670T, 8700B, 8700T, 8750H, 8850H
- Core i5-8300H, 8400B, 8400H, 8400T, 8420, 8420T, 8500, 8500B, 8500T, 8550, 8650, 8650K
- Core i3-8000, 8000T, 8020, 8020T, 8100T, 8120, 8120T, 8300T, 8320, 8320T
Some 9th generation Intel Core chips are also in the release notes. These could release sometime later in 2018, possibly based on the Coffee Lake Refresh or Intel’s all-new Ice Lake architecture, speculates AnandTech. Intel’s 10nm Cannon Lake doesn’t seem to be in the picture. Here are the names of the 9th Gen Intel Core desktop processors with unknown architecture:
- Core i5-9400, 9400T, 9500, 9600, 9600K
- Core i3-9000, 9000T, 9100, 9100T, 9300, 9300T
Moreover, the release notes list unreleased names of other Intel processor brands including the Pentium Gold, Pentium Silver, and Celeron. Check out them here.
Find your dream job