OnePlus 6 was a participant of Google’s beta program which made sure that it’ll get Android 9 Pie before others. In July, the company released the first Android P Developer Preview. In the latest development, OnePlus 6 has got its first Open Beta, and you can taste the Pie with OxygenOS Open Beta 1.
Even if you were already running Developer Beta, this release is going to change the UI in a big manner. There are noticeable changes in the menus, settings, notification shade, status bar icons, and more.
Here’s a brief set of changes coming with this OnePlus Android 9 Open Beta —
- New UI for Android Pie
- Android P gesture navigation
- Accent color customization (OnePlus exclusive)
- New Do Not Disturb mode (OnePlus exclusive)
- Gaming Mode 3.0 (OnePlus exclusive)
It’s worth noting that when it comes to gestures, you’ve got the option to choose between Google’s implementation in Pie or OnePlus’ gestures. I’m, personally, not a fan of Google’s gestures.
How to get Android 9 Pie Open Beta On OnePlus 6?
1. First, you need to download the Android 9 Open Beta file using this link to your phone’s storage. You can also download it on your PC and transfer it.
2. Now using your phone’s file manager, move the downloaded file to the root folder of your storage.
3. After moving the file to the right place, you need to apply a local system update. You can do so by visiting System Updates and tapping on the gear icon at the top right corner. Doing so will reveal the Local Upgrade option.
4. On tapping the Local Upgrade option, you’ll get the Install Now prompt. Tap on it and proceed with the installation process.
5. Once installed, just reboot your device and enjoy Android Pie in the form of OxygenOS Open Beta on your OnePlus 6 smartphone.