Following the Ban on TikTok in India, Instagram has also jumped in the short video making platform market with Reels. It is a new feature by Instagram that allows the users to create 15-second mini videos similar to TikTok.
Reels was rolled out in India on July 8, 2020, at 7:30 PM IST. You can access the feature by tapping on the add story icon and swiping the story screen. You can adjust the background music, the playback speed of the video, and other effects as you were able to do on TikTok.
How To Use Instagram Reels On Your Smartphone?
- Open the Instagram app and enter credentials to login to the app.
- Now, tap the camera icon available at the top left corner of the screen.
- You will see the story option at the center bottom of the screen, swipe left to go to the Reels screen.
- Now tap the video recording button to start recording the video.
- After recording the video, you can add effects, adjust the timer and add music to your videos
- Tap the share button and your short video will be successfully shared on the platform
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can create and share your short videos on Instagram Reels. The best part about the feature is that videos of the creators will also be available in the explore section of Instagram. This will increase the visibility and engagement of the creators.
Instagram Reels Competitors
Just after the TikTok ban, a lot of short video making platforms came into limelight. Most of them garnered millions of downloads on the Google Play Store.
Some of the major Indian apps are Chingari, Roposo, Mitron, ShareChat and a lot more are jumping into the business. Apart from all that, ZEE5 is also going to launch HiPi, a new short video platform. HiPi is going to have a faceoff with other Indian apps and Instagram Reels as well.
Find your dream job
It will be interesting to see how Instagram Reels will compete with Indian TikTok alternatives and will make its name in the short video-making apps genre.