Short Bytes: Windows 10 Insider is Microsoft’s beta test program that anybody can join. After joining the program, the users have the option to be a part of Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, which delivers the newest updates. While it doesn’t guarantee a bug-free Windows 10 experiences, it’s a great option for Windows 10 enthusiasts. The users can select this setting in Windows Insider Programme option in Update & Security.With Windows 10 release, Microsoft unveiled a whole new bunch of options. Its Windows Insider program is something that’s used to reveal the newest and in-progress features. To become a Windows Insider, one needs to visit Windows website and sign in using a Microsoft account, and get started with the beta releases.
But, there are three different Insider rings that one can join — Fast Ring, Slow Ring, and Preview. In this article, I’m going to tell you about the Fast Ring in detail and explain the process of joining it.
What is Windows 10 Fast Ring? Why should I join it?
As the name suggests, Fast Ring is for those who wish to live on the bleeding edge of technology. It’s ideal for those who don’t mind taking risks, or who have a secondary device ready to take all the changes. It’s also made for hardcore Windows 10 enthusiasts. While the chances of having a buggy experience are more, but you end up getting an opportunity to try out the latest features and helping Microsoft fix the issues.
Having said that, Windows 10 Fast Ring gets the updates before other rings. Usually, the updates are released every two weeks–sometimes, the frequency can be even higher.
So, after knowing the positive and negative points of the Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, you might be thinking about the procedure to join it. Well, it’s a pretty simple process.
Find your dream job
How to join Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring?
Having Windows 10 installed is a prerequisite, there’s no doubt about that. If you don’t have Windows 10, you can grab it from Microsoft’s website. There are other unofficial ways to grab Windows 10 upgrade, you can also check them out.
- You need to open the Settings option in Windows 10 to get started with the process of joining Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring. To do so, you need to click on the Windows logo on your desktop and find Settings.
- In Settings app, look for the option Update & Security, which will be the last option. Click on it.
- In the Update & Security option’s left pane, look for Windows Insider Program. Click on it.
- Now, under the title Get Insider Preview Builds, click on Get Started, followed by Link a Microsoft account. Accept the prompts and confirm. It’ll be followed by rebooting.
- Return to the Windows Insider Program option and look for the Choose your Insider level option. Here, you’ll see Fast option. Selecting it will automatically save your choice.
- Now, look for the Windows Update option in the left pane and click on it. Now Check for Update to force the operating system to check for new builds. If it doesn’t load new builds instantly, you can check after a few hours.
You can change your Insider level to Slow anytime by following the above-mentioned procedure and opt for a more stable system.
So, did you find this article on how to join Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring helpful? Don’t forget to tell us in the comments below.
Don’t Miss: Windows 10 Tips & Tricks Guide by Fossbytes