Google Pixel devices are known for their robust camera capabilities. While camera hardware does play an important role, the primary driver behind the amazing clicks from Pixel devices is the Google Camera app (GCam).
Thankfully, several developers have managed to port the Google Camera app to other Android devices. Due to this, many non-Pixel users are now able to use Astrophotography, HDR+, Pixel’s iconic portrait mode, and other such Pixel camera features on their Android smartphone (even if it’s a budget one).
Currently, there are multiple GCam ports available on the web that have their own advantages and disadvantages. One such GCam port that has gained immense popularity in recent months is UltraCVM.
UltraCVM GCam mod promises to offer more stability and better image quality than previous GCam ports. Since it’s based on the latest GCam port 7.0, it includes all the Pixel camera features.
Apart from that, the mod supports several camera image sensors and comes with added features such as Tone Curve, Gamma Curve, Exposure Compression, etc.
How to install UltraCVM GCam mod on any Android smartphone?
The installation process is no different from installing any previous GCam ports. You can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download UltraCVM’s latest APK v4.1 from here.
- Once the APK file is downloaded, locate it in the file manager and install it.
- Tap on Allow if you see the pop-up “Allow installation from unknown sources.”
- Now, locate the GCam icon in the app drawer and tap on it.
GCam settings (Configs)
You can also use the supported Config file, which sets the Google Camera app settings according to the device and helps in getting rid of bugs or glitches in the Gcam app.
- Go to the Config file section of the UltraCVM GCam v4.1 website.
- Locate your device and download the required XML file.
- Go to internal storage through a file manager and create a folder GCam → Configs.
- Move the downloaded Config file to the “Configs” folder.
- Open the UltraCVM GCam app and double tap on the import area.
- Select the downloaded config file.
- Click on Restore.
Config files for the UltraCVM v4.1 port are available for below devices:
- Poco F1
- Poco X2 / Xiaomi Redmi K30
- Mi 8
- Mi 9T / Redmi K20
- Mi 9T Pro / Redmi K20 Pro
- Mi 10, 10 Pro, Note 10, etc
- Mi A3
- Mi Mix 2
- Mi Mix 2s
- Mi Note 3
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Note 9, S10, Note 10, etc. (Snapdragon)
- OnePlus 7, 7 PRO, 7T, 7T PRO, etc
- OnePlus 8, 8 Pro
- Realme X2
- Asus Zenfone 6 (6z)
- Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
- Lenovo Z6 Pro
- LG V30
Config files are not essential to run the UltraCVM port. If your device isn’t listed, simply disable the settings/features that don’t work on your phone to run the app smoothly.
GCam ports are undoubtedly one of the best ways to enhance the camera capabilities of your smartphone. However, know that such ports are not official apps, and therefore can include a number of bugs.
If installing apps from unknown resources is not your thing, you can always try the best Android camera apps on the Google Play Store.