Most of us fall into the trap of seeking validation from social media. Likes on our posts have now become the gauge to measure self-esteem. If your personal happiness is ruled by the number of likes and comments you get on social media posts, it’s high time to bring a change.
Taking a hiatus from social media for a week or more would do you good. But that’s a tough call, especially if you feel compelled to check for updates. In that case, the least you can do is hide likes on Instagram and Facebook.
This way, your sense of self will remain unaffected by the likes. Moreover, this will also put an end to the practice of comparison to others.
How to do it on Instagram?
Instagram allows you to hide likes on your posts as well as others.
Here’s how to hide likes from other Instagram accounts —
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on the Profile icon in the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the menu icon in the top right corner and select Settings.
3. Select Privacy, then select Posts.
4. Toggle on Hide Like and View Counts.
If you want to hide likes from a previous Instagram posts —
1. Go to your profile. Select the post from which you want to hide likes.
2. Tap on the three dot icon right above the image/video and select Hide Like Count.
3. To undo that, again go to the same menu and select unlike hide count.
You can also hide likes from a new Instagram post as well. Right before sharing the new post, you will find the Advanced Settings option. Tap on that and toggle and toggle on Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.
How to hide likes on Facebook?
The option to hide likes on Facebook is still in the roll-out stage. Still, here’s how you will be able to do that —
1. Open the Facebook app and tap the three-line icon in the bottom right corner.
2. Scroll down and select Settings & Privacy, then select Settings.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reaction Counts.
4. On the Reaction Preferences page, you can toggle on the option to hide likes from posts from others as well as on your own posts.
You will likely find the option to hide likes from a new post right before publishing it.
So that is how you can hide likes on Instagram as well as on Facebook. Were you able to follow the guide? Let us know in the comments down below.