Apple has launched a new “iPhone 11 Display Module Replacement Program” wherein some owners can get their iPhone 11 display’s replaced for free if they have touch issues.
According to Apple, a small percentage of iPhone 11 devices manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020 “may stop responding to touch due to an issue with the display module.”
How to get iPhone 11 display replaced?
If you have an iPhone 11 that is not responding to touches, here is how you can get the it replaced for free —
- Go to the iPhone 11’s display replacement website.
- Choose your country of origin.
- Enter the serial number which can be located in iPhone settings — General — About — Serial Number.
- If your device is eligible, contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get your iPhone repaired for free.
- Make sure to backup the content of the device to iCloud.
We tried the serial number of our iPhone 11, however, the website said that the device is not eligible for the program.
Apple cites three possible reasons why an iPhone 11 would not be eligible for a replacement program. The obvious one is that the device’s serial number does not come under the “affected serial number range.” Another reason could be that the phone has already been serviced under the program.
Lastly, the iPhone 11 may have lost eligibility for a free replacement. Apple says affected devices are eligible for a free display replacement only for two years from the date you ordered.
Find your dream job