Discord is the perfect chat app for gamers worldwide, but if you don’t want to use your account anymore, it might be best to delete or disable it. If you ever plan to return to it in the future, it might be better to disable your discord account rather than deleting it. But what’s the difference between disabling and deleting your discord account? Don’t worry because we have got you covered.
How to delete Discord account?
If you have ownership of any server, you need to either transfer the ownership to someone else or delete your server. We recommend transferring the server to a trusted user.
1. Open Discord and click on your Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
2. Select My Account under User Settings.
3. Scroll down and select Delete Account under Account Management.
4. You will be required to input your password and complete two-factor authorization (if enabled). Now, you have successfully deleted your discord account.
Find your dream job
Note: If you own servers, you can’t delete your account. Here’s how to proceed in this case –
5. Go to your server and press the three-dot icon on the top right.
6. Go to server settings.
7. From here, you can select the Delete Server option by pressing the three-dot icon on the top right. You can also transfer ownership to another user of the server from the Members list.
If you wish to delete your Discord account specifically because of the RTC connectivity issue. Check out our detailed guide on how to fix it. And if you change your mind and are looking for discord message formatting tricks, check the linked article here!
How to disable your account?
By doing this, you are basically making your account inactive, but you have the option to restore it in the future if you choose to do so. This option is for those who don’t want to delete their account on discord and plan on using it in the future.
1. Follow the above-mentioned steps 1-3 until you reach Disable Account under Account Management.
3. You will be required to input your password and complete two-factor authorization (if enabled).
4. Now, your account is disabled. To enable it back again, try logging in to your discord account.
5. Press Restore Account, and you are back.
It is always better to have the option to restore your Discord account rather than deleting it completely in case you need it in the future. Also, deleting your account will not delete your chats. Also, check out our article on how to temporarily delete your Instagram account and how to delete clubhouse account here!
Frequently Asked Questions On Discord
After deleting your account, you will appear as discorduser#0000 to others. All your account details will be deleted.
It takes two weeks to completely delete your account, and during these two weeks, you can restore your account.
Deleting your account does not delete all your messages, as other users will still be able to see your messages, whether it is a direct message or in a group.
However, if you want to quit social networking sites and forums sites all together, you can check out our article on how to delete Reddit account via phone browser using few simple steps.