Twitter has been the primary platform for the latest updates in every category for quite a while. The number of people joining Twitter has increased over the past few years. Whether teenagers or adults, everyone is active on Twitter.
Many people do not give much thought to their handles while setting up an account. If you are one of them or want to change it because it’s old, here’s how you can change your Twitter username.
Change Twitter Handle
You can change your Twitter handle as many times as you want. There are no limitations in usernames on Twitter, unlike Facebook, which lets you change your username only once every few months.
Let us have a look at changing your Twitter username using the web and mobile platforms.
Changing Handle on Twitter Web
1. Open the Twitter website, and log in to your account.
2. On the left sidebar, click on the More button with the 3-dot icon and click on Settings and Privacy.
3. Next up, click on the first option that reads Your account and open Account information
4. To change your handle, click on Username. For privacy reasons, you will be asked to re-enter your account password.
5. On the Username screen, create a new username as per your liking.
That’s how you can change your Twitter handle from its website.
Change handle on Twitter Mobile
1. Open the Twitter app, make sure you’re logged in, and tap on the left hamburger menu icon.
2. Tap on Settings and Privacy from the sidebar.
3. Tap on the first option that reads “Account“.
4. In the Account menu, tap on Username. For privacy reasons, you will be asked to re-enter your account password.
5. On the Username screen, create a new username as per your wish.
That’s how you can change your Twitter handle from its mobile app.
And, that’s it! Changing your Twitter handle is quite easy. Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know in the comments below.