Facebook is one of the most used social media platforms. With a userbase of more than 2.5 billion, Facebook has users from many countries who speak different languages.
There are a lot of users who use the Facebook app in the default English language. However, a majority of people around the world are still more comfortable with using apps like Facebook in their native language instead of English.
Changing the language on Facebook from English to your native language is not that difficult. You can just follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to change language on Facebook.
How To Change Language On Facebook Desktop Version?
- Open Facebook in any browser and log in to your account.
- Click the inverted triangle button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then select the Settings & Privacy option from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Facebook Language settings button available at the bottom of the new drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Edit button next to the Facebook language tab.
- Select the language of your choice and click on the Save Changes button.
- Your language will be successfully changed on Facebook and you can see the changes while using it on your desktop.
How To Change Language on Facebook App Via Android?
- Open the Facebook app on your Android phone and tap on the hamburger menu button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down and tap on the Settings & Privacy button available at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on the Facebook language settings button and then select the language you want to use.
- The app will restart automatically and the language will be successfully changed.
How to change the Facebook language to English?
It can happen that after a while when you have used Facebook in your native language, you want to change Facebook language to English.
You can do it simply by tapping the hamburger menu button >> Settings and Privacy >> Language and then select the English language.
How do I get rid of the foreign language on Facebook?
It can happen sometimes that your Facebook feed starts showing content in multiple languages. This mostly happens when a person’s location is changed or he/she is using a VPN service. It can be irritating to translate the content every time that is in a language you can understand.
You can simply tap on hamburger menu >> Settings and Privacy >> Language >> Region, and then change it according to your preference.
Why are my emails in a different language?
If you are subscribed to emails from Facebook, sometimes you may see that the emails are not in your preferred language. The language of the emails sent by Facebook eventually changes according to the user’s location.
This mostly happens when you are traveling or using a VPN service. Facebook automatically adapts to the language of the region you go to. Let’s say you went to Germany then you will get the mails in German.
While using a VPN service, you will see that the language of the emails and app changes to the host country’s language. This can be corrected by simply turning off a VPN or just changing the language on Facebook back to English again.