Remember watching your favorite cartoons with friends? Or that late-night haunted show with your family? Somewhere on our voyage to success, we lost these little moments of happiness. However, with impeccable streaming platforms like Hulu, it should not be a problem anymore.
Watch your favorite anime for free with Funimation's 14-day free trial
In addition to other attractive features, the platform also allows you to watch intriguing titles with your friends and family. Moreover, you can stream it with them even when you live miles away. Now you might be wondering which feature this is and how to set it up on your device. Well, we’ll answer all your questions in this streaming guide.
Before getting started, let’s shed some light on the Hulu live TV DVR recording. If you’re tired of missing live games, then it’s a boon for you as it allows you to record them smoothly. With that being said, let’s shift our focus back to this guide.
What is Hulu Watch Party?
As its name suggests, this function is the party to stream all your shows with family and friends. In short, this feature allows subscribers to watch movies and shows together and connect from different locations. Moreover, it synchronizes the video on all devices and also adds all the members to a common chat group.
The chat group allows you to discuss chilling scenes, which gives you a premium experience as if you’re sitting in a room. Keeping all that in mind, let’s see how to set it up on your device.
Steps to host Hulu watch party on your device
While this Hulu watch party is a blessing, it is an online-only feature at this time. It is currently available to users on the official website. So it does not matter which device you’re using. Now, let’s set it up by following six simple steps.
1. Log in to the Hulu website and find the show you want to watch.
2. Now select “Details” in the window.
3. Click on “Watch Party” to begin the fun.
4. Select “Start the Party” on the pop-up.
5. Now copy the link and share it with your friends.
6. As soon as they join, select “Start Party” to start the movie or show.
Now that we’ve learnt how to host a party. Let’s shed some light on being the guest. Joining a watch is also simple and plain.
Steps to join a Hulu Watch Party
1. Copy and Paste your friend’s link into a web browser and log in with your Hulu credentials.
2. Click “Join Party.”
3. Wait for your friend to begin the show.
In addition, Hulu also allows you to access the “watch party” with Teleparty. So let’s see what this extension is and how to use it.
What is a Teleparty extension?
Teleparty is a third-party extension that allows you to stream movies and shows on Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, HBO, etc. Everyone still needs a subscription to watch it together. It only gives you a platform, but the extension needs to be downloaded on your browser. Moreover, you can invite up to 1000 friends to enjoy the party.
With that being said, let’s check out the procedure down below:
1. Search teleparty.com on your browser and install the extension from the site.
2. Now, click on “Add to Chrome” on the window or “Get” if you’re using Microsoft Edge.
3. Open Hulu’s official website and log in.
4. Hover the desired title you want to watch and click the “Play” button.
5. Now select the “Teleparty icon” at the top and slick “Start the Party.”
6. Accept the terms and conditions, and copy the link at the top-right-most corner to share it with your friends.
7. Finally, start the party as soon as everyone joins.
It is no surprise that Hulu is currently ruling the streaming market. With such exemplary features, you’re destined to be the king. Moreover, the platform always tries to improve its services at reasonable prices, which is a tough job in this gut-wrenching market.
That’s all we have for this guide. Let us know what other features you want us to explore in the comments section below. While you’re here, check out our streaming guide on Hulu’s “My Stuff” feature.