A few weeks back, Google released the second beta of Android 12, which brought features like Material You that the giant talked about in the Google I/O and the new privacy dashboard along with tons of minor changes and improvements. Usually, Google releases and tests newer Android versions with three major beta releases, but this time, the giant has released an Android 12 Beta 2.1 internal update.
Android 12 Beta 2.1 Update Bugfixes And Improvements
The new update fixes a major bug where the lock screen would freeze up, and the user wouldn’t be able to unlock their phone. The Calendar events and Weather “At a Glance” widget, which shows the Calendar events and Weather, is now displayed correctly. Here’s everything that has been fixed through the update.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone. (Issue #190702454)
- Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen. (Issue #190700432, Issue #190644743)
- Flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Microphone and camera permission indicators get stuck and disappear until the phone is rebooted.
- Fixed an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users were stuck on setup wizard (Issue #190082536).
If you’re already using Beta 2, you should receive an OTA update of Beta 2.1. If you’re looking for instructions on how to install the Android 12 Beta, we’ve got you covered! Mind you. It’s only available for Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, or 5 series devices.