The Ultimate Linux System — ExTiX — releases its new version v20.2 with a major shift to the upcoming Ubuntu 20.04. Arne Exton, the ExTiX developer, names the current release as ExTiX 20.2 KDE Plasma Live DVD.
ExTiX 20.2 replaces the previous Desktop Environment GNOME and Codebase Deepin 15.11 with KDE Plasma 4.19 and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Here are the highlights of the changes and enhancements included in ExTiX 20.02:
- Latest Kernel 5.5.0-rc7-exton included
- Google Chrome removed
- Packages included such as GParted, GCC, and Brasero
- Pre-installed tool Refracta Snapshot Updated
- Installer framework, Ubiquity replaced with Calamares
- Transferrable ExTiX ISO to a USB pen drive
- Faster running of ExTix on RAM with at least 4GB RAM
ExTiX 20.2 is based on Ubuntu 20.04
As Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa is under the development cycle and scheduled to release on April 23, 2020, ExTiX 20.2 becomes the first Linux distro based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
ExTix 20.2 is an unstable version and hence, not meant for daily use. To avoid problems, you need to upgrade it every week.
For regular Linux updates, keep reading Fossbytes.