If you don’t know, Emmabuntüs is a Debian-based lightweight Linux desktop distribution, developed by an informal group of people (Emmabuntüs collective).
What’s New In Emmabuntüs DE4 Alpha 2?
The latest second alpha of Debian Edition 4 is based on the GNU/Linux Debian 11 Alpha 3 Bullseye featuring both Xfce 4.16 and LXQt desktop environments, new utilities, and several package upgrades.
Since EmmaDE4 is also built on the foundations of EmmaDE3 under Debian 11 Bullseye, it includes support for the OEM mode installation and tools added in the previous EmmaDE3 version.
For instance, GtkHash for computing message digests or checksums, Linux Mint’s Warpinator for sharing files across the LAN, VeraCrypt for disk encryption, and zram-tools for creating compressible RAM-based block devices.
Furthermore, this Debian Edition 4 Alpha 2 has also upgraded other software to its new version:
- HPLip 3.20.9
- Kiwix 2.0.4
- Firefox ESR 78.6.0
- Thunderbird 78.6.0
- PulseEffects 4.7.3
- VeraCrypt 1.24 Update7
- Teamviewer 15.11.6
- TurboPrint 2.50-1
- Boot-repair and OS-unistaller 4ppa125
- MintStick 1.4.4
- Scratch 3.3
Other highlighting features of Emmabuntüs Debian Edition 4 Alpha 2 are as follows:
- Language translation
- Added the Danish and Japanese languages support
- Added launch of recovery session without Root account
- Replaced SMTube with FreeTube for 64 bits
- Replaced ClipIt with Qlipper
- Fixed scripts to handle the Cairo-Dock within Xfce/LXQt environments
- Replaced RadioTray with RadioTray-NG
- Replaced Kazam with Vokoscreen-NG
- Removed Java 8
- Removed Jitsi application
- Updated Multisystem 1.0448 to support Emmabuntüs DE 4
Lastly, if you want to try Emmabuntüs DE4 alpha 2, its ISO images are available to download from the official site for 32-bit and 64-bit computers.