Google is celebrating its 20th Aniversary today, even though the company isn’t sure itself. And it’s interesting how we have been using Google for finding answers to our queries for 20 years.
From a simple garage to running a billion dollar company, Larry Page and Sergey Brin have come a long way. Google’s present CEO, Sundar Pichai has made Google so much more than what it used to be.
As a part of the big celebration, the company has rolled out a bunch of cool easter eggs available on Google services. So let’s see what Google has in store for us this time —
1. The good-old Google Doodle
As always, Google has something special for us in the Google Doodle. This time, the doodle opens up a bunch of animations showing off some popular searches, over the past 20 years.
2. Street View of “Susan’s Garage”
For over a decade, we have heard the Google history; how Google started with a bunch of Ph.D. students from Stanford University. As a kid, I always thought of visiting the holy place once in my life, and it seems like my wish has come true (at least virtually), thanks to Google.
Google has come up with a street view of the “Susan garage” (Trivia: Susan was Larry Page’s friend) where those brilliant young minds used to sit and think.
3. It’s 2018! Did you mean:
The biggest surprise from Google is 16 easter eggs on the Google Search. And the theme is – things people searched back in the day, and what it would mean in this digital era. Meaning, you type in the below-mentioned keywords in the Google search bar, and Google comes up with a suggestion.
For instance, if you type “chat room” Google will say “It’s 2018! Did you mean: text the group”. Here are all the other 16 similar Easter eggs in the Google search —
4. MP3 file – Stream music
5. Watch a DVD – Streaming subscription
6. Googol – Google
7. Gettin’ jiggy wit it – Floss dance
8. Page me – New phone, who dis?
9. Butterfly clip styles – Top knot
10. Soccer world champions 1998 – Soccer world champions 2018 (Hint: Two outstanding 11. years for the France national team)
12. How to tell someone you like them – Swipe right
13. Low-rider pants – How to style high waisted pants
14. Digital pet – Fidget spinner
15. Baby – Bae
16. 143 – ILYSM
17. What is Y2K? – how does cryptocurrency work?
18. Screen name – Social handle
19. Clipart – GIF
20. Keepin’ it real – Keep it 100
And if you want to know more about things that have been the trendsetters over these 20 years, you can visit 20years.withgoogle.com.